General InformationHistory of the AreaHow to Get InvolvedDiscussion ForumContact InformationHOME
The Concerned Citizens of Quarry Lands Development

Fast Fact:
During the 1940's and early 1950's, the lands were owned by Toronto Brick Company and were used as a sand and gravel quarry.

General Information
In this section:
The Latest
Articles & Reports
Maps of the Area
 

 


Archived Messages

2009: June | July | August | September
2008: January | July
2007: March | January
2005: November | June
2004: December | July | May | April | February
2003: October

April 6, 2004

Dear Neighbours,

Things have been relatively quiet since the Committee of Adjustment meeting in October, but the issue of Quarry lands development is far from over. The city planning department has started an extensive land use study on the full 49 acres east of Victoria Park and north of Gerrard. The outcome of this study and the recommendations it brings forth will have a major impact on our neighborhood.

In order to provide a full update on the situation and to get input from the community as we move forward, we have scheduled a public meeting.

Tuesday, April 20, 7:30 p.m.
St. Nicholas Church
1512 Kingston Road (one block east of Warden)

At the meeting we will lay out a spectrum of possible outcomes for the Quarry lands and the context within which any decisions on development will be made. In order to make sure our collective voice is heard, it is important that we all stay informed and involved.

For liability and fundraising purposes, our group is in the process of becoming incorporated as a non-profit organization. We have fixed costs of running a Web site and phone line, but more importantly, we need to build up a fund in case we incur legal costs down the road. The support of the community will be crucial to our efforts.

See you on April 20th.

Yours truly,

Concerned Citizens of Quarry Lands Development

 

General Information | History of the Area | How to Get Involved |
Discussion Forum | Contact Information || HOME